What do we need for professional development and support for singing teachers?
Moderator: Prof. Dr. Martin Vácha
- more musical/stylistic education
- psychological knowledge! – students as individuals…
- broader range of methods especially for CCM singers
- broader range of skills: piano, ear-training, mic-training, electronics,…
- super and/or intervision
- strategy of practicing
- all music education should include pedagogy
- enhance election level
- balance between good artistic level AND the needs of the student
- “soft goals”: the direction of the education should be clear, but the goal is sometimes not clear (for exemple the “stimmfach”…)
- “Gesangspädagogisches Zertifikat” (voice pedagogy certificate) from the Bundesverband Deutscher Gesangspädagogen as a role model for experienced/educated performers?
- academic further education like in the scientific area???
- Master programme: teaching practice and theory
- Organized intervision sessions – interdisciplinarity!!!
- collaborations between national associations (not only the whole EVTA)
- networking between different areas, fields and professions
- exchange between teachers – core responsibility of EVTA!!!